October Newsletter 2017
Good bye September and Hello October!!!
Welcome back Parents, Students and Teachers.
At this time we would also like to welcome our new students, parents and teachers to the VPD family. We look forward to seeing all of you throughout the year and look forward to yet another exciting year and to the many memories!
We are delighted to say that our first day back to classes went very well and can’t believe that we are already into the month of October. We hope that in just a short time your children have been back at dance, they are enjoying their classes.
- Newsletters with important info and dates will be emailed and released online monthly! Make sure to read through to stay up to date!
- Make sure to check out our Facebook and Instagram for updates as well!
- Lastly, please review our information board located at the front of the studio, as we post our information there as well.
We understand from time to time there may be issues that arise and you may feel the need to speak directly your child’s teacher. In the event you have a serious concern you must first contact the front desk, with the subject matter and second arrange for a meeting. Please note a minimum of 24 to 48 hour waiting period may apply. Please note that it is very difficult to discuss any matters in between classes with the teachers.
ADAPT Jazz and Tap Exams
For those students that will be participating in their ADAPT Jazz and Tap Exams please see following mandatory below:
1) On Sunday November 12th, 2017 we will be holding our ADAPT Mock Exams. Times to follow shortly.
2) On Sunday November 19th, 2017 we will be holding our ADAPT Exams. Times to follow shortly.
Classes will be running on Friday October 6th, 2017
NO CLASSES on Saturday October 7th as the studio will be closed for the Thanksgiving Weekend.
The studio will reopen on Tuesday!
From our family to yours we would like to take this time and wish each and everyone of you a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.
Parent Viewing Week
Parent viewing week is Tuesday October 17th until Saturday October 21st, 2017.
Our teachers have done a tremendous job working with your children since the beginning of September and we would like to show you what they have learned up until now.
We understand that this is exciting time for a lot of parents however, we ask that you please respect each class with no talking as the teacher is still teaching their lesson.
Photos and video taking is permitted during class time. If there are any further changes to the schedule listed below you will be notified. I apologize if there are any classes that may not be listed. If you do not see your child’s class please let me know.
Tuesday October 17, 2017
- Advanced 2 Ballet – 4:30-6:00
- Intermediate Foundation – 6:00-7:30pm
- Advanced Foundation – 7:30-8:45pm
- Pre Intermediate Contemporary – 4:45-5:45pm
- Intermediate/Advance Contemporary – 6:00-7:00pm
- Pre Intermediate 1 Jazz -7:30 – 8:30pm
- Grade 1 Ballet – 5:30-6:30pm
- Jr Hip Hop, 6:30-7:15pm
- All Boys Ballet 7:15-7:45
Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Pre Advanced Jazz – 4:00-5:30pm
- Grade 2 Ballet – 5:30-6:30pm
- Pre Intermediate 3 Jazz, 6:30-7:30pm
- Grade 4 Ballet – 7:30-8:30pm
- Pre Intermediate Acrobatics 5:00-6:30pm
- Jr Acrobatics 5 – 6:30-7:30
- Pre Intermediate 1 Catch Up Class – 7:30-8:30
- Wednesday Creative Ballet – 5:45-6:30,
Thursday October 19th, 2017
- Advanced 2 Ballet – 4:30-6:00pm
- Intermediate Foundation 6:00-7:30pm
- Intermediate Jazz 2 – 7:30-9:00pm
- Pre Intermediate Hip Hop – 4:45-5:45pm
- Intermediate Hip Hop 6:00-7:00pm
Friday October 20th, 2017
- Intermediate Foundation Pointe Class – 7:00-8:00pm
- Tiny Tappers – 6:00-6:30
- Jr Jazz 1 – 6:30-7:30pm
Saturday October 21st, 2017
- Primary Ballet – 8:45-9:30am
- Grade 4 Ballet- 9:30-10:30am
- Grade 2 Ballet – 10:30-11:30
- Jr Jazz 2 – 11:45-12:45
- Advanced Foundation – 12:45-2:15
- Advanced 2 Ballet – 2:15-3:45
- Pre Tap – 8:45-9:30
- Pre Primary Ballet– 9:45-10:30
- Pre Intermediate 1 Jazz – 10:45-11:45am
- Grade 1 Ballet – 11:45-12:45
- Jr Tap 2 – 1:00-1:45pm
- Saturday Creative Ballet 8:45-9:30am
- Jr Tap – 9:30-10:15am
- Jr Acro – 10:15-11:00,
- Pre Acro/Jazz -11:00-11:45am
- Pre Intermediate Tap 2 – 11:45-12: 45
Halloween Bakesale and Dress Up Day!
Saturday October 28th, 2017, we will be holding our first bake sale of the year. We always look forward to seeing all the creative goodies that are brought in. If you are unable make something at home for our bake sale we always appreciate store bought goodies as well. Donations are always accepted! As there are some students in our school with peanut allergies, please be sure to bring in items in that are peanut free. We want to keep everyone safe! All proceeds collected go towards props and items for our year end show.
Feel free to wear your a costume to class on October 28th!
We will closed on Halloween, Tuesday October 31st, 2017.
Birthday Parties at VPD!
Book your next birthday party at Vanessa Plettell Dance – For more information please see the front desk.
Our Christmas Dance Demo will be taking place on Saturday December 16th, 2017 at Centrepointe Theatre!
If you are planning on going away and will not be able to attend the Christmas show kindly advise our studio in advance. More details will follow as this event approaches closer.
Please mark your calendars for the Year End Production which will be held Friday May 18th and Saturday May 19th, 2018 at Shenkman Theatre.
1) Shine Dance Competition – Thursday March 22nd to Sunday March 25th, 2018
2) Inspire Dance Competition – Friday April 6th to Sunday April 8th, 2018
3) Breakthrough Dance Competition – Friday April 20th, to Sunday April 22nd, 2018
Bad weather will be upon us before we know it brrrrrrr!!! It is the responsibility of the dancer/parent to call the studio where an announcement will be placed on our voicemail indicating whether or not classes will be cancelled due to bad weather, as we cannot always send emails in time regarding weather.
Water Bottle Reminders
We are already noticing that a lot of students are forgetting their water bottles, please make sure that your child is coming to dance with a labelled water bottle and if you need to refill your water bottle please come see Wendy at the front desk.
- Please be sure that ALL items are labelled
- Please be sure that ALL shoes/boots are placed on our shoe rack
- Please be sure to bring a labelled water bottle each time your child is dancing
- Please be sure to contact the studio if your child will be absence
- Please be sure to keep all changing rooms neat and tidy
- Please be sure to inform the front desk of any information changes re: address, phone numbers, email address etc.
The Royal Winnipeg’s Nutcracker
Congratulations to Capri Masferrer who was accepted and will perform as a Polar Bear, Congratulations to Payton Carter who is currently on the waiting list to perform as Mice, Congratulations to Maddox Batista who was accepted and will perform as a Mounties/Party Boy, Congratulations to Alexandra Soare and was accepted to perform as an Angel and congratulations to Isabella Koch who was accepted and will perform as a Reindeer.
We wish you luck and hope this will be an everlasting experience
A message directly from the Director Vanessa Plettell:
I would like to take this time and opportunity to thank the parents for their ongoing support and I wish you all a great 2017-2018 year at Vanessa Plettell Dance