Hello Parents and Students!
Parent Viewing Week Recap
For those of you that were able to attend your child’s class during parent viewing week we hope that you had a wonderful time watching your children. We are happy to announce that parent viewing went very well, and we are very pleased to hear back from those parents that took time to provide their feedback. Hats off to our teachers for doing such a great job, as well as, to the students for working so hard!
Halloween at Vanessa Plettell Dance was a success, we were pleased to see so many students come to class dressed up. A special thank you goes out to our parents for taking the time and either making something going out to purchase something or giving us a donation for our bake sale. All of the proceeds collected will go towards props and other items for our year end show. THANK YOU!!
ADAPT Jazz Exams
For those students participating in the ADAPT Jazz Exams, kindly mark your calendars
• November 12th, 2017 – Mock Exam – We welcome parents to come in and watch. Videotaping is recommended so they can practise at home.
• November 19th, 2017 – Exam Day
We will be posting the time schedule shortly on our information board and an email will be sent out indicating times, attire details, hair details etc. At this time we wish all those participating in the Jazz Exams GOOD LUCK!!!
For those students new doing their Jazz exams the results can take up to a week to come in.
Christmas Performance Info
DATE AND LOCATION – The show will be held on Saturday December 16th, 2017 at the Centrepointe Theatre, 101 Centrepointe Drive.
TICKETS – will be going on sale at the studio (front desk) on Friday November 16th, 2017. Tickets are $20.00 per person. (CASH OR CHEQUE ONLY MADE PAYABLE TO LE JAZZ HOT DANCE COMPANY), Sorry no Visa, Mastercard, Debit.
Due to Fire Marshall Regulations, everyone in attendance at the Christmas Show MUST have a ticket, this includes infants and toddlers.
Junior Show: 11:30am – 12:30pm,
Senior Show: 3:30pm – 5:00pm
IMPORTANT – As there are only 7 weeks before our Christmas Show we are asking that each child make every effort in attending their classes, as we are already starting to work on our Christmas Show dances.
A further schedule will follow closer to our Christmas Show indicating all details such as time of arrival, spacing, makeup etc.
We will be holding a dress rehearsal on Saturday December 9th, 2017. A time schedule will follow shortly indicating when your child will need to be here.
Please mark your calendars, on Friday December 15th, 2017 there will NO CLASSES running as we will be packing up the studio for the theatre and would like our dancers to be well rested for our show!
Each year we ask for your help in contributing a gift basket. These gift baskets are raffled off at our Christmas Show. Please bring in any contributions at your earliest convenience. A basket can be something you have that is unopened at home and would like to donate, as well you may also purchase a basket of your choice, and lastly if you are the owner of a restaurant and would like to donate a gift certificate those are always welcomed as well!
Videos and Cameras
No videos or cameras are permitted during the performance or rehearsals due to theatre rules. Flash cameras are dangerous to the performers. Should you wish to purchase a DVD we will be selling them in advance at the studio from Friday November 17th until Thursday December 14th, 2017. DVD’s are $25.00 payable by Cash or Cheque (made payable to Le Jazz Hot). Please note that the DVD is filmed by a professional photographer, however, it is not a multi camera production with credits, fancy box and photos as our year end production. Always a great memory of your children performing.
Unable to Attend Christmas Performance
If you are planning on going away and your child is unable to perform in our Christmas Show, on Saturday December 16th, 2017 please let the front desk know so that we can inform the teacher.
Congratulations, to those students who have been selected to participate in competition this year. We are excited and look forward to getting Competition rehearsals underway. We are in talks with the Choreographers and once we know the time schedules from each of the teachers we will be sending out an email with rehearsal dates. Just a friendly reminder that our competition dates are:
• Shine Dance Competition – Thursday March 22 to Sunday March 25, 2018
• Inspire Dance Competition – Friday April 6 to Sunday April 8, 2018
• Breakthru Dance Challenge – Friday April 20 to Sunday April 22, 2018
• We encourage everyone to take a moment to view our website which has been designed by Claire Brascoupe. Claire is a former student of Vanessa Plettell Dance. And is the daughter of our wonderful in house seamstress Carol Brascoupe.
• As we are receiving and trying on costumes for either competition or year-end show. This is a reminder that no video or photography is allowed in the change room or any part of the studio. Students are NOT ALLOWED to record any dances being choreographed unless instructed by the director or teacher.
• It is the responsibility of the dancer/parent to call the studio where an announcement will be placed on our voicemail indicating if the classes will be cancelled due to bad weather, or a city emergency that may prompt us to close the studio unexpectedly. We cannot always send emails in time regarding these matters.
• Many students are coming to class without a labelled water bottle. We do encourage that you pack a water bottle for your child.
• For the younger students we encourage parents to make sure their child uses the washroom before coming to class. When a student leaves it can be very disruptive to others.
• Students are reminded to place their shoes/boots on the shelve at the front entrance.
• The school is not responsible for any lost or stolen articles. All items should be labelled.
• Proper dress code is expected at ALL CLASSES. If you unsure of dress code or how your child’s hair should be please let me know.
• Communication – Should you wish to speak with a teacher an appointment must be made at the front desk with Wendy De Marinis. Communication with the teacher may not take place between classes.
• Courtesy – Please contact or email the office if your child is unable to make it to class.
Year End Production: Lost Princess
This year our Year End Production is called LOST PRINCESS which will be held on the May Long Weekend at Shenkman Theatre on Friday May 18th, 2018 and Saturday May 19th, 2018. Please mark your calendars for these important dates.
We require that ALL students will be available for the mandatory rehearsal dates:
- Saturday May 5th, 2018 (dress rehearsal and scene run-throughs)
- Saturday May 12th, 2018 (dress rehearsal and scene run-throughs)
- Monday May 14th, 2018 (first half rehearsal)
- Tuesday May 15th, 2018 (second half rehearsal)
- Wednesday May 16th, 2018 (Studio Closed)
- Thursday May 17th, 2018 (Tech Rehearsal & Spacing at theatre)
- Friday May 18th, 2018 (Dress Rehearsal and Evening Performance )
- Saturday May 19th, 2018 ( Matinee Performance)
- Sunday May 6th, 2018 (Picture Day)
***Please note Ms. Plettell will be holding scene rehearsal leading up to the show and as the show approaches closer these dates will be released. We ask that you kindly keep your calendar free from Tuesday May 1st, 2018 until show time.