March 2018 Newsletter
Hello Parents and Students!
Where did February go….Already March and hopefully we will see spring like weather soon!
Ms. Plettell, Mrs. Hansen, and Miss Caitlin would like to congratulate all of their students who participated in the RAD Exams held on February 25th, and 26th, 2018. We are very proud of all of our dancers from Pre Primary to Advanced Foundation. A special congratulations to two of our senior dancers Annie Allan and Santina De Marinis who also completed their final vocational Advanced 2 Ballet Exam. Thank you parents for your ongoing support and dedication. For those children who did their RAD Exam for first time we hope this was a good experience. As I am sure many of you are excited to get your exam results they won’t be in until end of March Mid-April. As soon as the results are released you will be notified.
Studio Schedule and Closures
Just a friendly reminder that the studio will be open this coming Saturday March 10th, 2018 however, please note the following dates that the studio will be closed:
Sunday March 11th, 2018 to Saturday March 17th, 2018 – March Break no regular classes (closed)
Sunday March 18th, 2018 to Saturday March 24th, 2018 – March Break no regular classes (closed) – ONLY competitive classes running
Friday March 30th, 2018 to April 2nd, 2018 – Closed for Easter Long
Weekend – Classes resume Tuesday April 3rd, 2018.
Classes will be running as scheduled for the week of March 27th until Thursday March 29th, 2018.
For those students in Competition please note there will be mandatory competition rehearsals on Sunday March 18th, 2018, Monday March 19th, Tuesday March 20th 2018 – Schedule previously emailed .
Ms Plettell will be running a mandatory competition rehearsal for those students in Pre Intermediate 1 Jazz (Maids and Flappers – Jazz Production) on Sunday March 18th, 2018 from 10:00-12:00.
Ms. Plettell would also like to run a further mandatory competition rehearsal for those students in Diamonds and Jazz Production on Wednesday March 21st, 2018 from 4:30-7:00pm.
We would like to take this time to wish all the competitive students good luck as they perform in our first Competition of the season at Shine Dance Competition Thursday March 22nd to Sunday March 25th, 2018 at Museum of History 100 Laurier Street Gatineau, PQ. For students not in competition and would like to come and support our VPD Team we do encourage you to come watch and cheer on our school. Attached in this newsletter is a further copy of the Shine Dance Competition Schedule.
We also want to remind everyone that our 2nd and 3rd competitions are as follows:
- Inspire Dance Challenge – Friday April 6th to Sunday April 8th, 2018 located at the Museum of History, 100 Laurier Street Gatineau, PQ
- Breakthru Dance Challenge – Friday April 20th, to Sunday April 22nd, 2018 located at Algonquin Commons Theatre – Ottawa 1385 Woodroffe Ave.
We still have not yet received the schedules from Inspire and Breakthru however, once they have been released I will forward by email.
YEAR END SHOW – LOST DIAMOND
Tickets for our Year End Show: Exciting news….. tickets to our Year End Show “Lost Diamond” are available today. For more information on how to get your tickets see the links below. You may also call the box office directly at 613-580-2700. Please note tickets cannot be purchased at our front desk at the studio as you must go directly through Shenkman Theatre.
May 18th –
May 19th –
Year End Show Dates
We ask that you please mark your calendar for these important dates that we will be holding in preparation for our year end show. Along with these important dates we may add extra rehearsals and or amend certain class schedules in order to run scene run through.
- Saturday May 5th, 2018 – First Dress Rehearsal at Studio – Mandatory –
- Sunday May 6th, 2018 – Picture Day at studio
- Saturday May 12th, 2018 – 2nd Dress Rehearsal at studio – Mandatory
- Monday May 14th, 2018 – Scene Rehearsal – ACT 1 – Mandatory
- Tuesday May 15th, 2018 – Scene Rehearsal – ACT 2 – Mandatory
- Wednesday May 16th, 2018 – Studio Closed for Pack Up for Show
- Thursday May 17th, 2018 – Spacing at Theatre – Mandatory
- Friday May 18th, 2018 – Dress Rehearsal and Evening Show – All Dancers Mandatory
- Saturday May 19th, 2018 – Matinee Show – All Dancers Mandatory
PARENTS’ MEETING: We will be holding an information session regarding our upcoming show and invite ALL parents on the evening of Monday April 16th in Studio A from 6:30pm until 8:00pm. This is advantageous for those of you who are new to our school this year and for anyone else that would like to attend. At this time we will be handing out our show package and answer any questions you may have.
Quinte Ballet Intensive
A Big Congratulations to three of our Intermediate Foundations girls who recently auditioned for Quinte Ballet’s Intensive Summer Program in July 2018 and who were all accepted. Congratulations – Alexandra Soare, Isabella Koch and Kyla Tunney…..Well done girls !!!
VPD HAS SOME EXCITING NEWS TO
In 2014 Vanessa Plettell Dance Intensive/Competitive Team were invited to participate at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida to perform in their parade down Main Street U.S.A at Magic Kingdom Park and to participate in there Stage Performance at Hollywood Studios.
We are excited and thrilled that our Intensive/Competitive Team have been chosen and invited to perform again to participate in Dance the World in 2019.
Not only is this exciting news but what a way to celebrate Vanessa Plettell Dance’s 30th Anniversary!!
SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION
Week 1 – July 3rd to 6th
Week 2 – July 9th to 13th
Week 3 – July 16th to July 20th
Other Important Notes
- We have noticed that many students are not coming to class with a water bottle. Please be sure to send your child to dance with a labelled water bottle as they can bring this into the class room. The desk can get very busy at times and cannot always get your child water before the teacher requires them back in class.
- Please be sure that ALL items are labelled.
- We are still noticing a lot of shoes/boots just being left on the floor, please have your child place their shoes on the rack once they come into the studio.
- We are asking parents to respect the time that their child is to be picked up once they are finished dance. We understand from time to time due to weather or traffic it is beyond your control, however if you are going to be late please call the front desk.