Christmas Demo Show Package
Junior Show 11:30am & Senior Show 3:30pm
Saturday, December 16th , 2017
Location – Centrepointe Theatre
101 Centrepointe Drive
ARRIVAL TIME AT THEATRE:
9:15am for all Junior Dancers, Assistants and Senior Students performing in the Junior Show
Includes: Pre-Primary, Primary, Grade 1 Ballet, Grade 2 Ballet, Jr. Jazz 1, Jr. Jazz 2, Pre Acro/Jazz, Jr. Acro, Jr. Acro 5, Pre Tap, Jr. Tap 1, Jr. Tap 2, & Jr. Hip Hop (All Assistants and Senior Students performing in the Junior Show)
10:45am for Wednesday and Saturday Creative Ballet and Tiny Tappers Students ONLY
12:45pm for all Senior Dancers
Includes: Advanced 2 Ballet, Advanced Foundation Ballet, Intermediate Ballet, Grade 4 Ballet,
Pre Advanced Jazz, Intermediate 2 Jazz, Pre Intermediate 3 Jazz, Pre Intermediate 1 Jazz, Pre Intermediate 2 Tap, Intermediate/Advanced Contemporary, Pre Intermediate Contemporary, Pre Intermediate Acro/Tumbling, Intermediate Hip Hop & Pre Intermediate Hip Hop
Day of Show at the Theatre – Saturday December 16 th , 2017 – Please be sure you are ON TIME
8:00-8:30am – Stage Door Attendant
8:30-10:00am – Flooring and Stage Prep
9:15am – Junior Students Arrive (With Hair and Makeup Completed)
10:00am to 11:15am – Junior Students Spacing
10:45am – Creative Students Arrive (With Hair and Makeup Completed)
11:00 to 11:15 – Creative Students Spacing
11:00 to 11:25 – Last Minute Touch Ups – Make sure all costumes and shoes are in order
11:30am to 12:30pm – Junior Show Time Performance
12:45pm – Senior Students Arrive (With Hair and Makeup Completed)
1:10pm to 1:30pm – Senior Students Stretch (main foyer)
1:30pm to 3:00pm – Senior Students Spacing
3:00 to 3:25pm – Last Minute Touch Ups –Make sure all costumes and shoes are in order
3:30pm to 5:00 – Senior Show Time Performance
WEEK LEADING UP TO THE SHOW
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Tuesday December 12 TH , 2017 Regular Classes
- Wednesday December 13 th , 2017 Regular Classes
- Thursday December 14 th , 2017 Regular Classes
- Friday December 15 th , 2017 NO CLASSES
- Saturday December 16 th , 2017 Show Day at the Theatre
- Please make sure that your child’s hair and makeup is done before she arrives at the theatre.
- If your child is participating in both the Junior and Senior Show please review the schedule above so that your child is at the theatre for both spacing rehearsals.
- When dropping off your child please be sure to enter the stage door at the back of the building and not go through the front entrance.
- Please send a light lunch (sandwich) and/or snacks along with water for your child.
- Please send a shirt that can be buttoned or zipped up the front for your child to wear over dance wear while eating.
- Please send a clear bag (i.e., a suit bag) to contain your child’s belongings in the changing area.
- These are guidelines, if any new changes are made you will be notified
- If your child is renting or borrowing a costume please be sure place them on the rack that will be provided on the day of the show.
- Please make sure ALL items are labelled, Shoes, Jackets, Dance Shoes, Tights, Bodysuits etc.
- Ensure all shoes are clean and elastics are secure.
- Ensure tights are clean, no holes and labeled, bring a spare pair.
- No stick on tattoos, no nail polish, please remove from hands and toes
- Please send extra elastics, bobby pins, hairspray, (makeup, lipstick eye shadow, eyeliner)
- Leave your valuables at home as we the studio and the theatre are not held responsible for lost items
- Make up – eyes, eyeshadow in the brown family, black eyeliner, mascara, blush soft pink blended in please no bright pink blush, lipstick we prefer a stay on red lipstick please no pink.
- Regular dress code for students applies, unless your child has been instructed by their teacher to wear something else. If you have any questions at all in regards to dress codes please see the front desk.
After the Show
For all Junior Students please meet family and friends in the main lobby, and not backstage. An
assistant or teacher will be bringing your child out to the main lobby where they will be signed out.
No men (except cast) in the dressing room areas
Food and Drinks
Food is not permitted in the auditorium or stage. No food or drink is to be consumed by performers
while they are in demonstration costumes. Please bring a cover up shirt for your child to wear over
their costume, for before and after they perform. Bring your own snacks, as needed.
WATER – each dancer should bring their own bottled water that is labelled with their name.
The School is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Please encourage your child to keep all personal belongings labelled and in their own dance bag.
There is free parking at the theatre
Please remind the children to be quiet everywhere backstage – sound travels to the audience.
We will be holding our Christmas bake sale at the theatre on Saturday December 16, 2017. We always look forward to seeing all the creative goodies that are brought in. If you are unable make something at home for our bake sale we always appreciate store bought goodies as well. Donations are always excepted as well. As there are some students in our school with peanut allergies, please be sure to bring in items in that our peanut free. We want to keep everyone safe!!! All proceeds collected go towards props, and items for our year end show.
Gift Basket Contribution
We will be pre raffling off our gift baskets and will be displaying the baskets at the theatre with your name on it. If you have won a basket you will be receiving an email no later than Friday December 15 th , 2017. We ask that you pick up your gift basket on the day of the show at the theatre as they will be in the main foyer with your name on it. Thank you once again to all of those that have already contributed towards a basket. If you would still let to donate a basket we are still accepting them until Wednesday December 13 th , 2017.
WISHING EACH AND EVERYONE A SAFE AND HAPPY HOLIDAY
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!!
Friday January 5 th , 2018