Hello Parents and Students!
Wow can’t believe how March is coming to an end and April is right around the corner. We hope everyone had a restful March break, as the next few months are going to be extremely busy.
RAD Exam Results
Vanessa Plettell, Cherisse Hansen, Courtney Bridgewater, & Caitlin McKay would like to personally congratulate all of their students who participated in the RAD Exams held on February 24th and 26th. Thank you to the parents for their dedication and support. For those children who had taken their exam for the first time we hope this was a good experience. A special congratulations to the following students who received distinction on their ballet exams:
- Primary Ballet – Eva Riecker
- Grade 1 Ballet – Makayla Bartlett
- Grade 5 Ballet – Katelyn Amano, Saskia Hansen, Isabella Koch and Elisabeth Lachapelle
- Grade 7 Ballet – Santina De Marinis and Annie Allan
- Intermediate Ballet – Anaise Gelin
Shine Dance Competition
We would like to wish all the competitive students good luck as they perform with Shine Dance Competition this coming weekend at the Museum of History 100 Laurier Street Gatineau, PQ. on Friday March 31st Saturday April 1st, Sunday April 2nd, 2017.
Inspire Dance Challenge
We also want to remind everyone that our competitive team will also be competing the following weekend
Friday April 7th and Saturday April 8th, 2017 at Inspire Dance Challenge located at the Museum of History 100 Laurier Street Gatineau PQ. For those students that are not on the competitive team we do encourage you to come watch, to support and cheer on our school. I will attached our competitive schedule should you wish to come.
Class Schedule Changes/Cancellations
Please note the following classes that are running and classes not running during competition:
- Mr. Dan will be running classes for those students that are NOT in competition Thursday March 30th, 2017
- Ms. Plettell’s classes will be cancelled for Thursday March 30th, and Friday March 31th, 2017
- Classes will be running for all junior students on Saturday April 1st, 2017 and for those junior students that are only participating in 1 number at competition later on in that day on Saturday we are recommending that you still come to classes as long as you are at competition 2 hours before your number.
- All Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate and Advanced 1 classes are cancelled on Saturday April 1st, 2017
I will be sending out a further schedule by email for next week regarding classes.
Front Desk Staff
Please note that Wendy De Marinis will be away from the front desk Thursday March 30 until Monday April 3rd and Margaux Lorenz will be covering the desk in my absence on Saturday April 1st. I will be checking emails throughout the weekend and will try my best to get back to you the best that I can.
Easter Weekend Closures
Please note that the studio will be closed for the Easter Long Weekend from Friday April 14thh until Monday April 17th 2017. Classes will resume Tuesday April 18th, 2017.
Year End Show, Aurora!
Believe it or not our year and Show is coming up only 7 weeks away…..WOW! We are asking that you please be sure to mark your calendars as it is mandatory that your child be present.
- Saturday April 29d Scene Run throughs at the Studio.
- Saturday May 6th Scene Run throughs at the Studio.
- Sunday May 7th (Picture Day)
- Monday May 8th (First half rehearsal at Studio)
- Tuesday May 9th (Second half rehearsal at Studio)
- Wednesday May 10th (Studio Closed – Packing for Performance)
- Thursday May 11th (Spacing at Theatre)
- Friday May 12th (Dress Rehearsal and Evening Show at Theatre)
- Saturday May 1313 (Matinee Show Day at Theatre).
We will be holding an information session regarding our upcoming show and invite ALL parents on the evening of Monday April 10th in Studio A from 6:30pm until 8:00pm. This is advantageous for those of you who are new to our school this year and for anyone else that would like to attend. We do recommend that the parents of the grade 5 students attend as Carol would like to discuss the changing rooms. At this time we will be handing out our show package and answer any questions you may have.
Tickets for our Year End Show: This year we have decided to sell our tickets for our year end show through Shenkman Theatre. You can visit the Shenkman Theatre website or call the box office directly at 613-580-2700.
Summer Camp Registration
Online Registration is available here!
Week 1 – July 4th to 7th
Week 2 – July 10th to 14th
Week 3 – July 17th to July 21
Other Important Notes
We have noticed that many students are not coming to dance with a water bottle. Please be sure to send your child to dance with a labelled water bottle as they can bring this into the class room. The desk can get very busy at times and cannot always get your child water before the teacher requires them back in class.
Please be sure that ALL items are labelled.
We are still noticing a lot of shoes/boots just being left on the floor, please have your child place their shoes on the rack once they come into the studio.
We are asking parents to respect the time that their child is to be picked up once they are finished dance. We understand from time to time due to weather or traffic it is beyond your control, however if you are going to be late please call the front desk.